Monday, August 9, 2010

I am THAT GIRL and I don’t think I will ever change.


This weekend I went to two rather large events. First, on Friday evening, I went to a divorce party. The divorce party was not really my cup of tea[bag]. I think it is a little weird to be celebrating the destruction of something that was once held in high regard to the couple- but whatever. I attempted to have a good time, I put my ‘smiley’ face on and made small talk with trophy wives that I had nothing in common with. Ok I had a terrible time; I was bored out of my mind. But, I wanted to be there for my girlfriend (the divorcée) and show her that I cared enough to drive 20 minutes in the rain and risk getting my hair wet. There was a lot of free liquor and I can never pass up shots of Patron. In addition to the fantastic free bar there were a handful of very attractive eligible bachelors. Sadly, they were all corporate ‘suits’ who were conservative, native Texans, and non passport holders. Again, not my cup of tea[bag].

I did not get moist once.

Best thing about that party was antagonizing the ‘suits’.

On Saturday night, I had the pleasure of going to see the Toadies at the Dallas Palladium. I love the Toadies and have seen them quite a few times. They put on an awesome show! I did not drink my usual shots of tequila; I was introduced to Absolut Vanilla Vodka which is surprisingly smooth and just as effective as my precious tequila. I had many shots, I don’t recall how many, but it was enough to get me really drunk. I was a good happy drunk and enjoyed the show from about 30 feet from the stage.

I do try to fit in with my peers- most of which are trophy wives who have given up their careers to fulfill some suburban fantasy. But, I don’t really fit in with them. Some of my girlfriend’s husbands really enjoy my company more than my girlfriends’ do, only because they say that I am ‘like one of the guys’. Yeah, I am that girl, the ‘one of the guys’ girl and I don’t think I will ever change.

Nothing would thrill me less than to have a typical SAHM/trophy wife life. I need to work for pay outside the house. Can’t accrue human capital folding laundry now can we?

I need adventure. I need to be active, humanitarian, and go a little bat shit crazy.

But, I am that girl, not that ‘trophy’ wife candidate.

It is not my fault that I have a love for sports. My father wanted a boy and he got me so naturally he had to expose me to every sport under the sun. I love Boxing and football; some might even say that I am a football fanatic. Those people who say that may have seen me cry a few times when Romo Choked during a PLAY OFF GAME!!! I am over it now.

It is not my fault that I love punk rock, hard rock, alternative, and metal. I grew up in San Francisco and Los Angeles. I used to sneak into clubs and go to back yard parties. I was always the youngest of my friends back then and they would drag me around to all kinds of different music venues. ACAB- now if you know what that is without googling it- we seriously need to be friends.

I like a lot of things some might consider quirky but WHUT EVAR! The things I like, the things I like to do, music I listen to, choice of Manic panic hair color do not constitute my entire being.


And btw


NINJAS RULE!

4 comments:

Ashly Star said...

The Toadies are awesome. So is vanilla vodka, even though I generally dislike vodka. I have a weakness for almost anything vanilla, though.

As for the rest? I can relate. I have hardly any female friends I do anything with. Most of my friends are guys and all of my really close friends are guys. I was a total tomboy growing up and didn't really grow out of that, lol. My biggest problem with my new job is I can't find any common ground to relate to the mostly female staff with. Most of their convos are about shopping, fashion, the latest chick flick, shows I'd never watch, their kids, the latest Ke$ha video, something they all read in Cosmo or Glamour and other various things I have no interest or experience in. I'm friendly most of the time and pretty damn chatty. I could talk about cars, sports, metal bands, video games and other things with them all day except none of them are into any of the things I like, lol.

I do love me some ninjas, but uh, zombies and pirates, ftw. :p

Anonymous said...

I love your crazy ninja ass. Suburban housewives give me the heebie jeebies. Everyone needs something to believe in and to feel accomplished with and while I believe raising children is hard and fulfilling in its own way, it is not enough to build a complete life around. So many housewives are looking for something more but they don't known what emotional or intellectual hole they are trying to fill so they will turn to materialism or worse. Obvs that's not true of everyone but I see it as a trend in the ones that I know, and I can't relate to them at all. It's frustrating when you go to one of those parties where the wives and husbands hang out in diff rooms and I'm always bored if I have to talk to the wives.

Dhalimama said...

I freaking hate when the boys and girls go into separate rooms! I hate that shit. I don't want to trade cookie recipes with the women, fuck that gimmie a shot!

BenJoBubble said...

Tomboys Unite! (Wear your smexy Catholic school girl outfit..)

Post a Comment