Sunday, August 1, 2010

Field Hospital in Léogâne closes.

I heard news from a few friends still on ground in Haiti that the field hospital in Léogâne closed. This hospital serviced (when doctors on staff) 300 patients a day. Patient complaints ranged from complications of pregnancy to stroke, dehydration to your common cold. I worked in this hospital for several days and it saddens me to hear of it's closure.
Another tragic victim of lack of funding.



Central Supply
OB
Waiting Area




Watch the video as HODR Volunteer gives a tour of the hospital as it closes it's doors.
The hospital's medical staff were all volunteers.

Elos- Best Danm Local Volunteer ever.
Miss you!!
(Together we made a great team, I am proud to have worked with you, Elos)

1 comments:

Miss Sydney said...

This makes me sad as well...the funding is so frustrating. I'm glad you're continuing to spread information about the situation in Haiti, it is very hard for us here to have any concept of how bad they have it

Post a Comment